Ministerial house on fire
Posted in Local News
A fire had erupted in a three-story house belonged to Minister C.B. Rathnayaka, police said.
According to police, fire broke out in the third floor of the house which is at Subadra Mawatha, Madiwela and has caused severe damages to the property.
A special team from Mirihana Police was called in to the scene to ascertain whether it was an act of sabotage.
- Nathasha Edirisooriya arrested over remarks on Buddhism May 28, 2023
- Veteran Diplomat Jayantha Dhanapala passes away May 27, 2023
- Sri Lanka President instructs to install high-tech scanners at BIA VIP terminal May 27, 2023
- Sri Lanka to commence Cannabis cultivation project May 26, 2023
- Dr. Shafi Shihabdeen reassigned to Kurunegala Hospital May 26, 2023
- Dasun Shanaka hasn’t lived up to even 1% of expectations in IPL – Virender Sehwag May 26, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar May 26, 2023
Has this Minister published his statement of wealth as is required for all public officers?
If he hasn’t speculation will be rife that this house was built on black.
What comes through the back door goes up in flames through the front door.
The day all politicians including Provincial Council and Urban Council members declare their wealth and the Government takes action to publish the declarations on the web, I will call myself a proud Sri Lankan citizen.
On that day I will change my name to Rata-vibushana Gorakapola.