MINISTERS NIMAL SIRIPALA DE SILVA AND MAHINDA SAMARASINGHE TO ATTEND UNHRC SESSIONS IN GENEVA
Ministers Nimal Siripala de Silva and Mahinda Samarasinghe have engaged on a tour to Geneva to attend a session of the United Nations Human Rights Council.
The objective of this tour would be to brief the UNHRC about the situation in Sri Lanka.
The 17th session of the UNHRC is slated to take place from May 30 to June 17.
Director of the Public Relations and Communciations Division at the External Affairs Ministry, Sarath Dissanayaka, noted that they will brief the council on reconstruction efforts carried out in the wartorn areas in the north and east.
Courtesy: News First
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka President at COP28 urges bold action in the face of alarming climate predictions December 2, 2023
- Diana Gamage, Sujith Perera and Rohana Bandara banned from Parliament December 2, 2023
- Sri Lanka bondholders raise concerns over debt deal transparency December 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan youths get jobs in Japan under the Special Skilled Worker (SSW) visa category December 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka Secures Rs. 20 Billion from Asian Development Bank for Rural Road Renovations December 1, 2023