Minor earth tremor reported off the coast of Hambantota
Posted in Local News
A minor earth tremor of magnitude 4.4 in the Richter Scale was reported at 12.45 AM today (April 24) around 25.8 km off the coast of Hambantota.
However, the Geological Survey and Mines Bureau said that there are no tsunami threats to Sri Lanka as a result of this minor tremor.
- Sri Lanka to initiate new online passport application system May 30, 2023
- India extends USD 1 Billion Credit Line for Sri Lanka until March 2024 May 30, 2023
- Cabinet approves resume of the Colombo Light Rail Transit project May 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to implement strict law enforcement against religious disharmony May 30, 2023
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023
- ADB approves $350 Million for Sri Lanka economic stabilization programme May 29, 2023
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023