Modern Technology to Resolve Human-Elephant Conflict – President
President Gotabaya Rajapaksa said modern technology will be utilised to resolve the long simmering human-elephant conflict.
He said technology will also be used in such a manner not only to save the cultivations of rural folk from attacks of wild elephants, but also to protect the lives of scores of people who live in human-elephant conflict prone areas.
He added he had already given the necessary instructions to officers from the Wildlife Conservation Department to use modern technology to accomplish these aims, after having sought guidance from experts in the field of environment.
He noted that due to the haphazard construction of fences, the human-elephant conflict had aggravated.
(Source: Ceylon Today)
- Two officers of Agrarian Service Centre arrested for soliciting a bribe June 6, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s LGBTQ+ community holds Pride march, demands end to discrimination June 5, 2023
- India’s first international cruise from Chennai to Sri Lanka to be flagged off today June 5, 2023
- ‘Sandahiru Seya Charity Trust’ donates Dialysis Machine to Anuradhapura Hospital June 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka records lowest tourism monthly income of US$ 132 Million in May June 5, 2023
- JVP asks public not to be distracted by circuses June 5, 2023
- Litro LP Gas prices in Sri Lanka reduced from today (June 04) June 4, 2023
Please describe this modern Technology
He wouldn’t have a clue !
Modern technology. Beat some tin cans and set fire around the premises.
Don’t worry Gota. After August 5th, the Elephants will go to the jungle and will never return. This time around the Red-elephants will be reduced to 2 per cent.
Of course he does not know that is why he consulted experts in that field. How about giving the president some credit for trying to do something. Or are u guys just politically biased.
Mr Stanley Fernando. I am not politically biased. He became the president as he knows the answers to all the problems. So far he is only talking and only hot air just like his predecessors.