United National Front for Good Governance formed
The Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) to form the United National Good-Governance Front has been signed by the United National Party (UNP), Jathika Hela Urumaya (JHU) and some other members of SLFP breakaway faction at Temple Trees this morning.
The United National Party (UNP) yesterday (11) approved the new political alliance at the party’s special convention held at Campbell Park in Borella.
Accordingly, a new political alliance led by the UNP, under the name of “United National Front for Good Governance,” will contest at the parliamentary election on August 17 with sections of the SLFP and JHU.
UNP Leader Ranil Wickremesinghe, Chairman of the JHU, Venerable Athuraliye Rathana Thera, Health Minister Rajitha Senarathne, JHU General Secretary Patali Champika Ranawaka, Minister of Public Administration and Democratic Governance Karu Jayasuriya, Chairman of the UNP Malik Samarawickrama and several other were present.
- Seven Police Narcotics Bureau officers arrested over death of vocational trainer in custody June 9, 2023
- Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security recommends not to privatise Sri Lanka Telecom June 9, 2023
- Sarath Fonseka resigns from Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security June 9, 2023
- Sri Lanka must protect the right to freedom of expression June 9, 2023
- Five-year-old child found dead with cut injuries from a construction site in Mulleriyawa June 9, 2023