The Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to field Maithripala Sisirsena as the common Opposition candidate at the forthcoming Presidential Election had been signed by several political parties and civic groups today.
Mr. Sirisena, Leader of Opposition and UNP National Leader Ranil Wickremisinghe, Democratic Party Leader Sarath Fonseka, MP Arjuna Ranatunga, former Ministers Rajitha Senaratne M. P. B. S. Gunawardene and convener of Movement for a Just Society Venerable Maduluwawe Sobith Thera signed the MoU in a symbolical ceremony.
Mr Sirisena who addressed the gathering pledged that he would fulfill the promises and abolish the Executive Presidency and bring about other reforms.
DP leader Sarath Fornseka said he his party was agreeable for more than 80 per cent of the policies of the common candidate and would engage in further discussions with Mr. Sirisena and Mr. Wickremesinghe to reach an agreement.
- Litro LP Gas prices in Sri Lanka reduced from today (June 04) June 4, 2023
- Odisha train collision: Sri Lanka President expresses deep sorrow, assures support June 4, 2023
- Corporal’s bravery in Ududumbara commended by the Sri Lanka Army Commander June 3, 2023
- Price of Litro gas to be reduced by Rs. 350? June 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
Do these people, the so called patriots, know what they are doing?
In my eyes and in the eyes of the majority of the amude-wearing Sri Lankans, they are stupid playing around with paper with no feelings whatsoever about the impact of the sociopolitical on the common man.
They talk of eliminating corruption. How many of those on the stage are willing to part with corrupt earnings?
I will support Sajith Premadasa if he gives up all his wealth and rents a flat in Rawatawatte.
I will support Chandrika if she gives up all her wealth and lives in a mud hut behind a Kandy Rd kiosk in Horoagolla.
Rajitha Senaratne is irredeemable, if he was not corrupt he should be on the stage in a banyon and sarong.
The winners of this drama will be the Kolomba Kaki (the crows of Colombo), the stock market manipulators and commission brokers. They will shift their allegiance to Maithri the Court Jester the day he is elected.