‘MPs who waste public funds must not be elected’
Minister Mahinda Amaraweera says a group of Parliamentarians who do not waste public funds set aside for the development of the country must be elected to Parliament.
Speaking at a rally, the Minister said the responsibility lies with the public to ensure such persons are elected to Parliament.
Minister Amaraweera stressed President Gotabaya Rajapaksa needed a strong government in order to resolve existing issues within the country.
Meanwhile a faction including former President Chandrika Bandaranaike Kumaratunga, who chose to support MP Sajith Premadasa at the Presidential election, has presented a proposal to the Sri Lanka Freedom Party.
However, Minister Amaraweera speaking at the rally expressed his stout disapproval of the relevant proposal.
(Source: News Radio)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka to launch new vehicle revenue license system (eRL 2.0) on October 7 October 3, 2023
- World’s leading tech companies deeply criticize Sri Lanka’s Online Safety Bill October 2, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government says No more emergency purchases of medicines October 2, 2023
- IMF unveils 16-point plan to address governance challenges in Sri Lanka October 2, 2023
- Corrupt elements use Parliament, Finance Ministry to evade taxes October 2, 2023