All Muslim MP’s who resigned to take up their posts
All Muslim Parliamentarians who resigned from their Ministerial portfolios after the Easter Sunday attacks have decided to re-assume their posts.
At a press conference on June 03, all Muslim cabinet, non-cabinet, state, and deputy ministers announced that they would resign from their portfolios.
The MPs said their resignations would allow investigators to probe the claims without interference.
MP Fowzie said the Premier notified the group that preparations will be made to hold their swearing in ceremonies following President Maithripala Sirisena’s return to the island from the US.
The MP said under his leadership, all MPs convened for a meeting at the Parliamentary complex, adding all Muslim MPs, the UNP and SLFP, unanimously agreed to take up their posts once again.
The Mahanayake Theros of Tri-Nikayas had later requested the Muslim MPs to re-accept their ministerial posts.
On June 19, two UNP Parliamentarians from the group, Kabir Hashim and Abdul Haleem, were sworn into the ministerial positions held by them before tendering their resignations.
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka unexpectedly cuts rates by 250 bps as inflation eases June 1, 2023
People are watching in all angles, this is your last chance for both the major parties.
Major campaigns will begin when election heat started to make sure one unbiased, single majority parliament to be placed.
Al Haj Hakeem,
Stop farting and speak through your mouth and not through your bottom.
Now really, is this news? Who did these clowns think they fooled when they ‘resigned?’ A Hilarious comedy!
They resigned to demonstrate brotherhood.
They resigned to show that being a Minister in an SB Govt doesn’t benefit any single community.
They resigned to protest oppression of minority by SB majority.
They resigned to protect the life of the SB Leader, Ven Rathana, who was fasting to death.