Muthuhettigama does police work; takes suspects to court
UPFA Parliamentarian Nishantha Mutuhettigama yesterday took away three of his supporters arrested by the Wanduramba police on Thursday for setting ablaze the stage erected for Common Opposition Presidential Candidate Maithripala Sirisena there on Wednesday, along with a vehicle and the public address system.
The suspects were taken by MP Mutuhettigama with his supporters after having entered the police station there, while the police officers were getting ready to take the suspects to the Beddegama Magistrate court in the morning.
The Police Media Unit (PMU) and Wanduramba OIC denied any such incident.
Asked whether he had removed the suspects who were to be produced before the Beddegama Magistrate, while they were at the Wanduramba police station, MP Mutuhettigama said that he had taken them in his vehicle to the Magistrate Court.
Asked whether the police had objected to him taking the suspects forcibly, he said smilingly, ewa koheda maath ekka––how can they interfere with what I do?” President Mahinda Rajapaksa, too, had asked him about arson attack and advised him not to get involved in violent activities, he said.
- Nathasha Edirisooriya arrested over remarks on Buddhism May 28, 2023
- Veteran Diplomat Jayantha Dhanapala passes away May 27, 2023
- Sri Lanka President instructs to install high-tech scanners at BIA VIP terminal May 27, 2023
- Sri Lanka to commence Cannabis cultivation project May 26, 2023
- Dr. Shafi Shihabdeen reassigned to Kurunegala Hospital May 26, 2023
- Dasun Shanaka hasn’t lived up to even 1% of expectations in IPL – Virender Sehwag May 26, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar May 26, 2023
Typical deputy minister Rakapakse family regime needs filling the vacuum of Mervin Silva.
Another foolish monkey with the sword.
The king is the one who will suffer by giving swords to foolish monkeys like this idiot.
When I read this story, I believe Hon Muttuhettigama was accelerating the process of justice by transporting suspects from Police custody to the Magistrate while the Police were fumbling.
Based on that, I categorise Hon Muttuhettigama as a civic minded citizen who acted to ensure justice in the right time while IGP Ilangakoon’s men most likely did not have fuel in their vehicles having squandered valuable resources given to them by the amude-wearing taxpayer.
Bravo, Hon Muttihettigama, you are indeed, a leader of unsurpassed leadership qualities.