Namal Rajapaksa to reorganise SLPP from grassroots
Sri Lanka Podujana Peramuna (SLPP) will be reorganised with a programme of opening branches of the party islandwide, MP Namal Rajapaksa said.
“We have launched this programme from September 2, with the main objective being to produce grass root level leaders.”
“The SLPP will be active at the local level and will become a catalyst to provide various support to the people,” he said. He thanked party members who were instrumental in establishing party offices in the recent past.
“The SLPP is ready to face any election any time,” he added.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka President address at the UNGA highlighting Sri Lanka’s journey to rebuild trust and global solidarity September 22, 2023
- Hearing of Danushka Gunathilaka’s case concludes, verdict to be delivered next week September 21, 2023
- IMF chief Kristalina and Sri Lanka President Ranil discuss ongoing reforms and debt restructuring efforts September 21, 2023
- Two killed, two injured in shooting at Avissawella September 21, 2023
- Batticaloa Campus returned to Hizbullah September 20, 2023