NPC to entertain online complaints against Police
National Police Commission (NPC) has decided to entertain public complaints against the Police through the internet too.
“The programme will be launched at a ceremony held in Colombo under the patronage of Speaker Karu Jaysuriya,” a Police Commission official said.
He said the Police Commission Website had now been upgraded and modernised to enable it to entertain written, oral or video complaints through the internet.
This would enable the pubic to video instances of Police misconduct on misdemeanour’s and upload them to the Police Commission Website. This would also enable to see what action had been taken on such complaints by contacting 1960 on their mobile phone.
The Moratuwa University had provided technical support to this programme, funded by the International Organisation for Migrants.
(Source: Daily News – By Gayan Kumara Weerasinghe)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka to launch campaigns to attract 1.5 million tourists – proposal to create non-sleeping cities September 28, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka found not guilty of sexual intercourse without consent September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Ministry of Defence announces updates to licensing conditions for private security agencies September 27, 2023
- Despite signs of stabilization, full economic recovery not yet assured – IMF Mission September 27, 2023
- Sri Lankan President leaves for Germany September 27, 2023