Navin Dissanayake steps down as UNP National Organiser
Former United National Party (UNP) MP Navin Dissanayake has notified the party in writing yesterday (26) regarding his intention to step down as National Organiser.
However, he says he will continue to remain with the UNP and respect its policies. Dissanayake said he will function as the UNP’s Nuwara Eliya District Leader and Working Committee member. He called on the UNP to appoint a suitable member as the party’s new National Organiser.
The party’s Working Committee had unanimously taken the decision to appoint Dissanayake to the post on the grounds that he had held the position previously. Dissanayake had asked for two days to decide on whether he would accept the position or not.
Accordingly, in a letter addressed to UNP Leader Ranil Wickremesinghe, former UNP MP Dissanayake thanked the party for the support extended thus far to him and declined the position.
(Source: Daily News – By Shiromi Abayasinghe)
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka unexpectedly cuts rates by 250 bps as inflation eases June 1, 2023
Please learn to love the party and not love the father-in Law.