Navy arrest 22 Indian fishermen
Sri Lanka Navy today arrested 22 Indian fishermen for illegally entering Sri Lankan waters.
Navy spokesman Commander Kosala Warnakulasuriya stated that the fishermen along with their 6 trawlers were intercepted by navy patrol boats in the Northern seas off Delft Island.
Four of these trawlers are fitted with GPS equipments which confirm that they have purposely entered in to Sri Lankan waters, navy said.
The arrested fishermen were brought to KKS harbor and are to be handed over to the fisheries inspector in charge of the region for onward action, the spokesman said.
(Courtesy: Ada Derana)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lankan youths get jobs in Japan under the Special Skilled Worker (SSW) visa category December 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka Secures Rs. 20 Billion from Asian Development Bank for Rural Road Renovations December 1, 2023
- Results of 2022 (2023) G.C.E. O/L exam released December 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka revises fuel prices from November 30, 2023 November 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka inflation rises for second month on high energy costs November 30, 2023