Navy finds 85 kg of heroin on seized vessel
The Sri Lanka Navy discovered nearly 70 kg of heroin in a trawler seized on 11th July along with 6 Iranians in the Southern sea.
Simultaneously, a multi-day vessel along with 4 Sri Lankans was apprehended at the Galle Sea on the 10th July and the Navy had discovered Hashish and Ice inside the vessel.
Suspecting that there might be a connection between these two incidents, legal action was taken by the Police Narcotics Bureau (PNB).
Upon further inspection, the Navy, today (18), has found nearly 85 kg of heroin expertly hidden within the multi-day vessel which is currently under the custody of the Navy on court orders.
The seized narcotics have been handed over to the PNB and the Navy has launched further investigations on the matter.
(Source: Ada Derana)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Permission not given to Chinese ship to dock, India’s concerns important: Sabry September 26, 2023
- Sri Lanka squad named for ICC Cricket World Cup 2023 September 26, 2023
- S&P raises Sri Lanka local currency ratings to ‘CCC+/C’, says outlook stable September 26, 2023
- Sri Lanka President expresses dissatisfaction with country’s current education system September 26, 2023
- Chinese model breaks U.S. hegemony: former Sri Lankan diplomat September 26, 2023