Negomb – Colombo Private Bus protest
Bus drivers and conductors attached to Private bus service in route number 240 from Negombo-Colombo staged a protest today regarding their grievences.
“Buses outside from Negombo and Colombo are in service using Katunayake – Colombo Expressway. Our business has collapsed since they are taking our passengers. We need immediate attention of the authorities on this regard. Our intention is not to change the system, or the government, but to protect ourselves, occupation and families”.
Protesters further added, “Journalists are also responsible for the current crisis of employees attached to private bus service. They are bias when reporting of the fault done by CTB bus service, but they emphasize our faults.” Protesters added.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Creditor nations likely to agree on Sri Lanka debt restructuring – report November 29, 2023
- Netherlands returns six looted colonial-era artefacts to Sri Lanka November 29, 2023
- Sri Lanka needs $100 billion to become net zero emitter by 2040, president says November 29, 2023
- 40 Government hospitals in Sri Lanka closed and another 100 about to close November 28, 2023
- October sees 20% decline in apparel exports from Sri Lanka November 28, 2023