Negomb – Colombo Private Bus protest
Bus drivers and conductors attached to Private bus service in route number 240 from Negombo-Colombo staged a protest today regarding their grievences.
“Buses outside from Negombo and Colombo are in service using Katunayake – Colombo Expressway. Our business has collapsed since they are taking our passengers. We need immediate attention of the authorities on this regard. Our intention is not to change the system, or the government, but to protect ourselves, occupation and families”.
Protesters further added, “Journalists are also responsible for the current crisis of employees attached to private bus service. They are bias when reporting of the fault done by CTB bus service, but they emphasize our faults.” Protesters added.
- Corporal’s bravery in Ududumbara commended by the Sri Lanka Army Commander June 3, 2023
- Price of Litro gas to be reduced by Rs. 350? June 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023