New Cabinet Ministers sworn in
Posted in Local News
President Maithripala Sirisena today appointed 27 Cabinet Ministers, ten State ministers and eight Deputy Ministers at a ceremony held at the Presidential Secretariat in Colombo, where the parliamentarians took oath.
The list of new Cabinet ministers, state minsters and deputy ministers are as follows:
- Prime Minister Ranil Wickramasinghe – Minister of Economic Development & Policy Implementation
- Ravi Karunanayake – Minister of Finance
- Joseph Michael Perera – Home Affairs
- John Amaratunga – Public Peace & Christian Affairs
- Duminda Dissanayake – Minister of Irrigation
- Dr. Rajitha Senaratna – Minister of Health and Indigenous Medicine
- Kabir Hashim – Minister of Highways and Investment Promotion
- Sajith Premadasa – Minister of Housing and Samurdhi
- Naveen Dissanayake – Minister of Tourism
- Wijedasa Rajapaksa – Minister of Justice
- Arjuna Ranatunga – Minister of Ports and Naval
- Patali Champika Ranawaka – Minister of Power and Energy
- Rishad Bathiudeen – Minister of Industry and Commerce
- Gayantha Karunathilake – Minister of Media
- Palani Diganbaram – Minister of Estate Infrastructure Development
- Akila Viraj Kariyawasam – Minister of Education
- D.M. Swaminathan – Minister of Resettlement, Reconstruction and Hindu Affairs
- Rauff Hakeem – Minister of Urban Development, Water Supply and Drainage
- Thalatha Athukorala – Minister of Foreign Employment
- Ranjith Madduma Bandara – Minister of Internal Transport
- P. Harrison – Social Services and Social Welfare
- M.K.D.S. Gunawardena – Minister of Land
- Chandrani Bandara – Minister of Women’s Affairs
- Arjuna Ranatunga – Minister of Ports and Maritime Affairs
- Lakshman Kiriella – Minister of Plantation
- Mangala Samaraweera – Minister of Foreign Affairs
- Gamini Jayawickrama Perera – Minister of Food Protection
Ministers of State
- Nandimithra Ekanayake – Ministry of Culture
- V. Radhakrishnan – Ministry of Education
- Faizer Mustapha – Ministry of Estate Affairs
- Palitha Range Bandara – Ministry of Power and Energy
- Dilip Wedaarachchi – Ministry of Fisheries
- Rosy Senanayake – Ministry of Child Development
- Rajiva Wijesinghe – Higher Education
- Ruwan Wijewardene – Defence Ministry
- K. Velayudhan – Ministry of Traditional Industries
- Champika Premadasa – Ministry of Industry and Commerce
- Harsha de Silva – Minister of Economic Development & Policy Implementation
- Eran Wickramaratne – Ministry of Road and Investment Development
- Sujeewa Senasinghe – Ministry of Justice
- Wasantha Senanayake – Ministry of Tourism
- Vijayakala Maheswaran – Ministry of Women’s Affairs
- Ajith P. Perera – Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Anoma Gamage – Ministry of Irrigation
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka unexpectedly cuts rates by 250 bps as inflation eases June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s key inflation rate eases to 25.2% in May June 1, 2023
- Fuel prices revised in Sri Lanka May 31, 2023
Arjuna Ranatunga – Minister of Ports and Maritime Affairs
Arjuna Ranatunga – Minister of Ports and Naval
LoL LoL LoL LoL LoL
Aney Kale Wane Wasey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This cabinet is predominantly UNP Dinasaurs. Where is SLFP representation? Where is TNA representation?
Anyway, this cabinet will not last for more than a couple of months.
44 people have been appointed in the above list. That means 44 offices, 44cars, 44 X 2 security Landrovers with 5 soldiers in each. See the money being spent; is the taxpayer getting any return?
This circus is hilarious with the red nosed (black haired) clowns performing fabulously to the cheering masses.
What a disaster.
i think we should give them the chance its only been few days that Mr.Maithripala has been appointed as president.After all Rome was not built in one day. He is no magician to just wave his wand and hula everything cleaned and cleared.
we should stop critisizing for the time being, and let him do his job and we our job the first question we each citizen should ask ourselves is are we doing our part for our nation. as one a famous president said one must not think what the country has done for us but we should ask our self s what have we done to the country
this is a country that has gone through alot so lets all get together and make this the paradise that it was before.
Karuna, KP, Mervyn De silva, Sajin Vaas Gunawardene are missing in the above list.