New Ministers sworn in
The swearing in ceremony of the new Cabinet of the National Government commenced at the Presidential Secretariat in Colombo, a short while ago.
Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesinghe was the first to take oaths as the Minister of National Policy and Economic Affairs before President Maithripala Sirisena.
In total 42 Cabinet Ministers including Wijedasa Rajapaksa and D.M. Swaminathan, who have already been appointed as ministers, were sworn in today.
Mangala Samaraweera took oath as the Minister of Foreign Affairs, Rajapaksa as Minister of Justice and Swaminathan as Minister of Rehabilitation on August 24 before the President.
Rajapaksa and Swaminathan received additional ministerial portfolios today.
This brings the current number of Cabinet Minister in the naitional government to 43.
The following MPs were sworn in as ministers:
- Prime Minister Ranil Wickramasinghe – Minister of National Policy and Economic Affairs
- John Amaratunga – Minister of Tourism Development & Christian Affairs
- Gamini Jayawickrama Perera – Minister of Sustainable Development & Wildlife
- Nimal Siripala de Silva – Minister of Transport
- S.B. Dissanayake – Minister of Social Empowerment and Welfare
- W.D.J. Seneviratne – Minister of Labour and Trade Union Relations
- Lakshman Kiriella – Minister of University Education and Highways
- Anura Priyadharshana Yapa – Minister of Disaster Management
- Susil Premajayantha – Minister of Technology, Technical Education and Employment
- Thilak Janaka Marapana – Minister of Law and Order and Prison Reforms
- Dr Rajitha Senaratne – Health, Nutrition and Indigenous Medicine
- Ravi Karunanayake – Minister of Finance
- Mahinda Samarasinghe – Minister of Skills Development and Vocational Training
- Vajira Abeywardena – Minister of Home Affairs
- S.B. Nawinne – Minister of Internal Affairs, Wayamba Development and Cultural Affairs
- Patali Champika Ranawaka – Minister of Megapolice and Western Development
- Mahinda Amaraweera – Minister of Fisheries and Water Resources
- Naveen Dissanayake – Minister of Plantation Industries
- Ranjith Siyambalapitiya – Minister of Power and Renewable Energy
- Duminda Dissanayake – Minister of Agriculture
- Wijedasa Rajapaksa – Minister of Buddha Sasana
- P. Harrison – Minister of Rural Economic Affairs
- Ranjith Maddumabandara – Minister of Public Administration and Management
- Gayantha Karunathilake – Minister of Parliament Reforms & Media
- Sajith Premadasa – Minister of Housing & Construction
- Arjuna Ranatunga – Minister of Ports & Maritime Affairs
- M. K. A. D. S. Gunawardana – Minister of Lands
- P. Digambaram – Minister of Upcountry New Villages, Estate Infrastructure& Community Development
- Chandrani Bandara – Minister of Women and Children’s Affairs
- Thalatha Athukorala – Minister of Foreign Employment
- Akila Viraj Kariyawasam – Minister of Education
- D.M. Swaminathan – Minister of Rehabilitation, Resettlement and Hindu Affairs
- Chandima Weerakkody – Minister of Petroleum & Petroleum Gas
- Dayasiri Jayasekara – Minister of Sports
- Sagala Ratnayake – Minister of Southern Development
- Harin Fernando – Telecommunication & Digital Infrastructure
- Mano Ganesan – Minister of National Dialog
- Daya Gamage – Minister of Primary Industries
- Rauff Hakeem – Minister of Urban Development & Water Supply
- Rishad Bathiudeen – Minister of Industries & Commerce
- Kabeer Hashim – Minister of Public Enterprise Development
- Mohamed Hashim Abdul Haleem – Minister of Postal Service & Muslim Affairs
(Government News Portal)
- Sri Lanka records lowest tourism monthly income of US$ 132 Million in May June 5, 2023
- JVP asks public not to be distracted by circuses June 5, 2023
- Litro LP Gas prices in Sri Lanka reduced from today (June 04) June 4, 2023
- Odisha train collision: Sri Lanka President expresses deep sorrow, assures support June 4, 2023
- Corporal’s bravery in Ududumbara commended by the Sri Lanka Army Commander June 3, 2023
- Price of Litro gas to be reduced by Rs. 350? June 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
It appears the chieftains from Alibaba’s den of thieves have been resurrected and inducted in the Yahapalanaya Cabinet.
Isn’t this shocking ? Have any of these gentlemen declared their assets to the Speaker?
OMG, may God help the pambaya’s yahapalana yugaya !