New Secretaries have been appointed to 25 Cabinet Ministries today (13), stated President’s Media Division issuing a press release.
The new Ministry Secretaries were handed their letters of appointment by President Rajapaksa at the Presidential Secretariat this evening.
It is noteworthy that Dr. Anil Jasinghe has been appointed as the Secretary to the Ministry of Environment. Jasinghe has been serving as the Director-General of Health Services.
Meanwhile, Major General (Retd.) Kamal Gunaratne, and Admiral (Retd.) Jayanath Colombage have been appointed to their previous portfolios.
The newly appointed Ministry Secretaries are as follows:
- Secretary to the Cabinet: W.M.D.J. Fernando
- Ministry of Highways: R.W.R. Pemasiri
- Ministry of Finance: S. R. Attygalle
- Ministry of Public Services, Provincial Councils and Local Government: J. J. Rathansiri
- Ministry of Mass Media: Jagath P. Wijeweera
- Ministry of Plantations: Ravindra Hewawitharana
- Ministry of Irrigation: Anura Dissanayake
- Ministry of Industries: W. A. Chulananda Perera
- Ministry of Power: Wasantha Perera
- Ministry of Tourism: S. Hettiarachchi
- Ministry of Land: R. A. A. K. Ranawaka
- Ministry of Labor: N. P. D. U. K. Mapa Pathirana
- Ministry of Fisheries: R. M. I. Ratnayake
- Ministry of Defense: Major General (Retd.) Kamal Gunaratne
- Ministry of Wildlife and Forest Conservation: M. K. B. Harischandra
- Ministry of Transport: N. B. Monty Ranatunga
- Ministry of Water Supply: Dr. Priyath Bandu Wickrama
- Ministry of Trade: J. M. B. Jayawardena
- Ministry of Health: Major General Sanjeewa Munasinghe
- Ministry of Agriculture: Major General (Retd.) A.K. Sumedha Perera
- Ministry of Youth and Sports: Anuradha Wijekoon
- Ministry of Energy: K. D. R. Olga
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs: Admiral (Retd.) Jayanath Colombage
- Ministry of Environment: Dr. Anil Jasinghe
- Ministry of Education: Prof. Kapila Perera
- Ministry of Urban Development and Housing: Sirinimal Perera
(Source: Ada Derana)