New passport issued to Gota on May 7: Immigration Chief
Posted in Local News
Controller General of Immigration and Emigration, R. M. P. S. B. Rathnayake yesterday said a new passport was issued to former Defence Secretary Gotabhaya Rajapaksa on May 7 this year.
However, he said the issuance of passport doesn’t necessarily mean a citizen has or has not renounced their dual citizenship.
Earlier, Mr. Rajapaksa said he was issued a new passport by the Immigration and Emigration Department after his dual-citizenship was renounced.
(Source: Daily Mirror)
- Police secures court order to block NPP protest planned for today June 8, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka to face rape trial in Australia June 8, 2023
- Digital Promotion Agency to be established for introducing new App to collect data of public sector – President June 8, 2023
- SriLankan CEO believes ‘worst is over’, expects $50 Million profit next year June 7, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s official reserve assets increase by 26.2% in May June 7, 2023
Yeah, that is not surprising.
He has been a dual citizen of SL and US for a while.