New passport issued to Gota on May 7: Immigration Chief
Controller General of Immigration and Emigration, R. M. P. S. B. Rathnayake yesterday said a new passport was issued to former Defence Secretary Gotabhaya Rajapaksa on May 7 this year.
However, he said the issuance of passport doesn’t necessarily mean a citizen has or has not renounced their dual citizenship.
Earlier, Mr. Rajapaksa said he was issued a new passport by the Immigration and Emigration Department after his dual-citizenship was renounced.
(Source: Daily Mirror)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka Parliament approves VAT (amendment) Bill December 11, 2023
- Sri Lanka reports 80,222 dengue cases with 47 deaths December 11, 2023
- Sri Lanka Parliament decides to debate VAT (amendment) Bill today December 11, 2023
- ‘Unfair, Really Surprised’: Anjum Chopra on Chamari Athapaththu going unsold at WPL Auction December 11, 2023
- Sri Lankan migrant workers remit 5.4 Billion USD in first 11 months December 10, 2023