NFF submits letter to Prime Minister on 20A
The National Freedom Front (NFF) says that three points contained in the proposed 20th Amendment to the Constitution should be amended.
NFF, through a letter submitted to Prime Minister Mahinda Rajapaksa, states that its Party Leader Wimal Weerawansa has informed the committee appointed by the Prime Minister with this regard.
However, NFF claims that the proposals of the 20A submitted by the Attorney General to the court as government proposals do not contain any amendments submitted by their party leader.
NFF points out that there is strong public opposition to the relevant resolutions contained in the 20th Amendment to the Constitution and that ignoring such objections would seriously harm the spirit of the government’s mandate and the image of the government.
The party points out that the flaws in the 20th Amendment should be rectified and stated that the NFF will not take political responsibility if it ignores their political stance.
(Source: Ada Derana)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka reports 80,222 dengue cases with 47 deaths December 11, 2023
- Sri Lanka Parliament decides to debate VAT (amendment) Bill today December 11, 2023
- ‘Unfair, Really Surprised’: Anjum Chopra on Chamari Athapaththu going unsold at WPL Auction December 11, 2023
- Sri Lankan migrant workers remit 5.4 Billion USD in first 11 months December 10, 2023
- Countrywide power outage in Sri Lanka due to a system failure December 9, 2023