NFF to contest alone if no place in UPFA
The National Freedom Front (NFF) says it will contest the forthcoming Local Government election alone, if the party does not receive candidature from the United People’s Freedom Alliance.
In a release issued today (August 15) it stated that a list of candidates, to contest under the UPFA, has been forwarded to the UPFA General Secretary by now.
The NFF led by Minister Wimal Weerawansa had contested in all previous elections under the ruling United People’s Freedom Alliance (UPFA) banner.
Courtesy: Ada Derana
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka introduces insurance scheme for Animals October 1, 2023
- Niluka Karunaratne announces retirement October 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka begins system to issue e-bills for water October 1, 2023
- Person arrested over shooting of elephant “Sita” granted bail September 30, 2023
- International Commission of Jurists says Online Safety Bill is an assault on freedoms September 30, 2023