Nine dead in Bandarawela bus tragedy
Posted in Local News
At least nine people were killed and more than 20 injured following the accident which occurred in Bandarawela this evening (4) when a bus plying on the Bandarawela- Punagala route skidded off the road and plunged into a precipice at Punagala.
17 victims are currently receiving treatment at the Bandarawela Hospital while 6 others are receiving treatment at the Diyatalawa hospital, initial reports said.
(Courtesy: DM Online)
- Sri Lanka records lowest tourism monthly income of US$ 132 Million in May June 5, 2023
- JVP asks public not to be distracted by circuses June 5, 2023
- Litro LP Gas prices in Sri Lanka reduced from today (June 04) June 4, 2023
- Odisha train collision: Sri Lanka President expresses deep sorrow, assures support June 4, 2023
- Corporal’s bravery in Ududumbara commended by the Sri Lanka Army Commander June 3, 2023
- Price of Litro gas to be reduced by Rs. 350? June 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023