Nine-member experts’ committee to draft new constitution
A nine-member experts’ committee has been appointed to draft a new constitution, stated Minister Udaya Gammanpila.
The committee has been appointed by the Cabinet of Ministers.
Minister of Energy Udaya Gammanpila mentioned this joining the press conference held today (03) to inform cabinet decision.
President’s Counsel Romesh de Silva has been appointed to head the committee.
The members of the committee are as follows:
- President’s Counsel Romesh de Silva
- President’s Counsel Manohara de Silva
- President’s Counsel Gamini Marapana
- President’s Counsel Sanjeewa Jayawardena
- President’s Counsel Samantha Ratwatte
- Prof. Nadeema Kamurdeen
- Prof. G. H. Peiris
- Prof. Wasantha Seneviratne
- Dr. A. Sarveshwaran
(Source: Ada Derana)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka pays off $200 million loan from Bangladesh with $4.5 million interest September 24, 2023
- Bar Association of Sri Lanka demands withdrawal of Anti-Terrorism and Online Safety Bills September 24, 2023
- Malaysian Police tracking down two Sri Lankan triple murder suspects September 23, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Agriculture Minister explores opportunities to export eggs and chicken September 23, 2023
- Stability should not come at the sacrifice of values of freedom of expression: U.S. Ambassador September 23, 2023