Nine persons arrested for forcibly entering Sri Lanka’s Central Bank premises
Nine individuals who forcibly entered the Central Bank of Sri Lanka (CBSL) were arrested by Police this morning (August 08).
8 men and one woman attached to the Lease and Loan Payers’ Association had forcibly entered the premises of the Central Bank this morning and proceeded to stage a demonstration while sitting on the ground.
A heated situation had arisen as the police officers attempted to place the protesters under arrest.
The arrestees have been taken to the Colombo Fort and Kompanna Veediya police stations for onward legal proceedings.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s Nadeesha Dilhani Lekamge wins Asian Games athletics medal after 17 years October 3, 2023
- World Bank boosts Sri Lanka economic forecasts after inflation progress October 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka President slams western media, says no to international probe October 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka Bondholder Lawsuit Should Be Put on Hold, U.S. Says October 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka to launch new vehicle revenue license system (eRL 2.0) on October 7 October 3, 2023