Nishantha Ranatunga questioned by FCID
The Police Financial Crimes Investigation Division (FCID) is currently questioning former SLC Secretary Nishantha Ranatunga, regarding a financial transaction of a private media organisation.
The transaction had reportedly taken place while Ranatunga had served as the television channel’s Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
Ranatunga’s tenure as Secretary of Sri Lanka Cricket (SLC) ended on March 30 when the Sports Minister appointed an Interim Committee, as investigations were launched into corruption charges within the cricket administration.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka aims to streamline tax structure, boost collections October 4, 2023
- Tharushi Karunarathna wins Gold at Asian Games in China October 4, 2023
- Litro gas prices increased from tonight (October 04) October 4, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Health Minister says people seeking treatment at government hospitals have increased by 40% October 4, 2023
- Court dismisses misappropriation case against Ajith Nivard Cabraal and Lalith Weeratunga October 4, 2023