Nishantha Ranatunga questioned by FCID
Posted in Local News
The Police Financial Crimes Investigation Division (FCID) is currently questioning former SLC Secretary Nishantha Ranatunga, regarding a financial transaction of a private media organisation.
The transaction had reportedly taken place while Ranatunga had served as the television channel’s Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
Ranatunga’s tenure as Secretary of Sri Lanka Cricket (SLC) ended on March 30 when the Sports Minister appointed an Interim Committee, as investigations were launched into corruption charges within the cricket administration.
- Sri Lanka relaxes import restrictions on over 300 items June 10, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to go ahead with privatising SLT despite ‘NO’ from S.O.C. on National Security June 10, 2023
- Seven Police Narcotics Bureau officers arrested over death of vocational trainer in custody June 9, 2023
- Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security recommends not to privatise Sri Lanka Telecom June 9, 2023
- Sarath Fonseka resigns from Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security June 9, 2023