No decision to increase domestic gas prices
Co-Cabinet Spokesperson Minister Ramesh Pathirana says no decision has been taken to increase the domestic gas prices by the Cabinet of Ministers.
Speaking during a media briefing in Colombo today, Minister Pathirana said the Minister of Trade has informed the Cabinet that a proposal has been submitted to the Cabinet to increase the domestic gas prices.
He said the government decided to evaluate the proposal but did not consent to a price hike.
(Source: News Radio)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Person arrested over shooting of elephant “Sita” granted bail September 30, 2023
- International Commission of Jurists says Online Safety Bill is an assault on freedoms September 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s acting finance minister says positive progress in securing second IMF tranche September 29, 2023
- Sri Lanka Navy seizes Kerala cannabis worth over Rs. 33 million in Karainagar September 29, 2023
- Some Sri Lanka creditors seeking debt restructuring deal without China September 29, 2023