No development through accusations – PM
Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesinghe says a country cannot be developed by levelling allegations at one another.
Speaking at a gathering at Ruwanwella the Premier said instead all individuals should contribute to thinking anew, like other countries in the South Asian region.
The Premier stressed Sri Lanka must solve its own problems, as no other country will do so adding the country has the strength to come together and focus on the future.
However the PM said if people remain in the same place every day, talking only about the past, citizens will lose their identity as Sri Lankans and only serve to create religious and racial conflicts, which will be detrimental to the nation.
Premier Wickremesinghe said every citizen must unite together and think anew, adding even politicians must follow through as accusations alone are fruitless.
(Source: News Radio)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s Defence Ministry refutes reports of ‘lavish spending’ for entertaining military heads December 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka moving towards social revolution – Anura December 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka needs US $ 1.4 trillion additional investment to realise SDGs by 2030: IPS study December 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Sports Minister appoints new National Sports Council December 4, 2023
- ‘We quit our stressful public sector jobs to earn £150 a month in Sri Lanka’ December 4, 2023