No-Faith Motion against Ravi handed over
The Joint Opposition says a no-confidence motion against Minister of Foreign Affairs, Ravi Karunanayake, has been submitted.
Parliamentarian Bandula Gunawardane said the no-confidence motion has been submitted with the signatures of 32 members of parliament. He further noted that the no-confidence motion was submitted to the Parliament Chief of Staff Neil Iddawela on Thursday evening.
Deputy Secretary General of Parliament Neil Iddawala confirmed that a No Confidence Motion had been received against the Minister.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s Nadeesha Dilhani Lekamge wins Asian Games athletics medal after 17 years October 3, 2023
- World Bank boosts Sri Lanka economic forecasts after inflation progress October 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka President slams western media, says no to international probe October 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka Bondholder Lawsuit Should Be Put on Hold, U.S. Says October 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka to launch new vehicle revenue license system (eRL 2.0) on October 7 October 3, 2023