No move to restructure domestic debt – State Minister
The Government has not made any decision to restructure domestic debt, State Minister of Finance Shehan Semasinghe clarified today (November 17).
In a tweet, the lawmaker stated that the negotiations of treatments on external debt are still being discussed with external bilateral and commercial creditors.
“GoSL has no intention to impose any treatment on domestic debt which will have adverse impact on domestic banking sector, insurance sector and superannuation funds. There is no basis for recent speculation announced on restructuring domestic debt,” the State Minister tweeted.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka pays off $200 million loan from Bangladesh with $4.5 million interest September 24, 2023
- Bar Association of Sri Lanka demands withdrawal of Anti-Terrorism and Online Safety Bills September 24, 2023
- Malaysian Police tracking down two Sri Lankan triple murder suspects September 23, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Agriculture Minister explores opportunities to export eggs and chicken September 23, 2023
- Stability should not come at the sacrifice of values of freedom of expression: U.S. Ambassador September 23, 2023