No need of parents for school security now – Ministry
The Education Ministry said there is no further need to summon parents to assure security of schools.
In a statement, the Education Ministry said it had taken this decision due to the Tri-forces, the Civil Defence Force and the Police taking maximum effort to ensure security for all schools inclusive of International Schools as well.
It was reported that some school authorities had caused inconvenience to some parents by not allowing children who did not carry transparent bags and prevented children from entering school.
(Source: Daily News)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka to launch campaigns to attract 1.5 million tourists – proposal to create non-sleeping cities September 28, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka found not guilty of sexual intercourse without consent September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Ministry of Defence announces updates to licensing conditions for private security agencies September 27, 2023
- Despite signs of stabilization, full economic recovery not yet assured – IMF Mission September 27, 2023
- Sri Lankan President leaves for Germany September 27, 2023