No politicians or their families fled to India: Indian High Commission
The Indian High Commission in Colombo yesterday (May 10) denied several reports circulating in social media that certain political persons and their families have fled to India.
“These are fake and blatantly false reports, devoid of any truth or substance. The High Commission strongly denies them,” the High Commission said in a statement.
High Commission has recently noticed rumours circulating in sections of media & social media that certain political persons and their families have fled to India.
These are fake and blatantly false reports,devoid of any truth or substance.High Commission strongly denies them.
— India in Sri Lanka (@IndiainSL) May 10, 2022
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- International Commission of Jurists says Online Safety Bill is an assault on freedoms September 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s acting finance minister says positive progress in securing second IMF tranche September 29, 2023
- Sri Lanka Navy seizes Kerala cannabis worth over Rs. 33 million in Karainagar September 29, 2023
- Some Sri Lanka creditors seeking debt restructuring deal without China September 29, 2023
- SriLankan Airlines partners with Virgin Australia September 28, 2023