No Prime Ministerial candidate for SLFP before election : PMD
Issuing a special release the President’s media unit says that no candidate fielded by the Sri Lanka Freedom Party has been named as a prime ministerial candidate.
The release reads further that the chairman of the Sri Lanka Freedom Party President Maithripala Sirisena has not agreed to name a prime ministerial candidate.
The release adds that in-case the SLFP lead UPFA wins the next general election a prime minister will be selected based on the suggestions of the elected parliamentarians of the party.
The release also notes that the SLFP Chairman, President Maithripala Sirisena has accepted nor made an announcement that former president Mahinda Rajapaksa has been accepted as the prime Ministerial Candidate.
(Source: News First)
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka unexpectedly cuts rates by 250 bps as inflation eases June 1, 2023