No separate voting date for those in quarantine: NEC
A separate date will not be allocated for those undergoing quarantine to cast their ballot, the National Elections Commission said.
“It was proposed that those in quarantine be granted the opportunity to cast their ballot after 5:00 pm on the 5th of August, which is the date scheduled for the 2020 Parliamentary Election,” Saman Sri Ratnayake, the Commissioner General of the National Elections Commission said on Wednesday (July 29).
Attending a special meeting of the Presidential Task Force at the National Operation Centre for Prevention of COVID-19 Outbreak on Tuesday evening, Saman Sri Ratnayake said future decisions in this regard will be announced later.
Army Commander, Lieutenant General Shavendra Silva – Head of the National Operation Centre for Prevention of COVID-19 Outbreak (NOCPCO), Dr. Anil Jasinghe – Director-General of Health Services were also present at the meeting.
(Source: News 1st)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Creditor nations likely to agree on Sri Lanka debt restructuring – report November 29, 2023
- Netherlands returns six looted colonial-era artefacts to Sri Lanka November 29, 2023
- Sri Lanka needs $100 billion to become net zero emitter by 2040, president says November 29, 2023
- 40 Government hospitals in Sri Lanka closed and another 100 about to close November 28, 2023
- October sees 20% decline in apparel exports from Sri Lanka November 28, 2023