Sajith Not Sacked from UNP
Although the United National Party (UNP) Working Committee suspended the Party membership of 54 of its former MPs, former Deputy Leader Sajith Premadasa’s name does not appear on the list of suspended MPs.
When contacted, UNP General Secretary Akila Viraj Kariyawasam said, they decided to suspend the membership of 54 of its former MPs as well as 56 ex-Local Government representatives, based on the list compiled by the first inquiry committee.
He added that once the Working Committee gives the list of the second inquiry committee, they would suspend Premadasa’s membership and those of the others.
(Source: Ceylon Today – By Shiran Ranasingha)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka moving towards social revolution – Anura December 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka needs US $ 1.4 trillion additional investment to realise SDGs by 2030: IPS study December 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Sports Minister appoints new National Sports Council December 4, 2023
- ‘We quit our stressful public sector jobs to earn £150 a month in Sri Lanka’ December 4, 2023
- Suminda Sirisena passes away December 4, 2023