Not ‘Sir’ or Government failed, but 6.9 Million voters – Ruwan
It is not “Sir” or the Government that has failed, but those who voted for this Government, UNP Deputy Leader Ruwan Wijewardene said on Sunday.
We have an opportunity to become an alternative political force. People have begun to demand one
Speaking at a meeting in Ampara, he said that 6.9 million people voted for the present Government, their aspirations have failed and those they have voted for have done well for themselves and the people have achieved nothing. He warned that all would feel the economic downturn soon.
Elaborating on the present situation of the UNP Mr. Wijewardene said the party will be re-organized at the District Level initially, while a program to reorganize at constituency level will be launched soon. “We have an opportunity to become an alternative political force. People have begun to demand one.‘let us organize ourselves effectively and go before the people”, he said.
(Source: Daily Mirror)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- 40 Government hospitals in Sri Lanka closed and another 100 about to close November 28, 2023
- October sees 20% decline in apparel exports from Sri Lanka November 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka approves Sinopec’s $4.5 billion refinery proposal November 28, 2023
- Tamil Nadu government failed to understand the problem in Sri Lanka: Murali November 27, 2023
- Harin appointed Sports Minister, Pavithra appointed Irrigation Minister November 27, 2023