NPP ready to lead Interim Government – Anura
The National People’s Power (NPP) said they are ready to take the responsibility of resolving the current political instability and anarchy in the country by forming an interim government if the other parties are willing to support them.
Accordingly, the interim government will last for a period of six months, NPP leader Anura Kumara Dissnayake said.
“We have only three members in Parlaiment. However, we are ready to form an interim government for at least six months until this political instability was overcome and uphold political stability in the country,” he said.
The National People’s Power presented a resolution to resolve the political instability in the country under several primary conditions.
1. Incumbent President Gotabhaya Rajapaksa should step down immediately.
2. In the absence of the Prime Minister at present, the Speaker shall act as the acting President.
3. A new government should be formed with a new mandate within six months as the present government and the composition of the present parliament no longer represent the people’s mandate and the people will not accept any change made in the present parliament as the confidence in the government has been shattered.
4. In the meantime, if it is not possible to go for an immediate election the National People’s Power is ready to take the responsibility of taking the country on a new path under a temporary governing structure.
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023
With only 3 seats in the parliament and not even able to get 4% of popular vote at the last 2020 General Election (that too by losing 3 seats from the previous parliament count), so you want to “Lead” the Sri Lankan Govt?
In the current context of protests/riots/violence, looks like your true ‘red’ color is now showing alarmingly here! You have been seen transporting these “aragalaya protesters” in your official vehicles (a claim you have not denied) and now for you to make this utterance is not surprising to say the least! No wonder many are suspecting that there’s a “hidden hand” here, a hidden hand that is well financed, well oiled by a foreign player behind these riots and violence and this type of ludicrous utterance from you gives credence to such claims! I would say if Sajith Premadasa of SJB (with 54 seats and 24% of popular vote compared to your measly standing) is not considered suitable to lead the govt. (that’s for the populace to decide sir, and not for you alone!), then it’s far better to invite TNA (with 10 seats in the parliament) than for you to be considered, even remotely, for that position! Now this also make us all wonder, in all curiosity, who really attacked Sajith when he visited the GotaGoGama at Galle Face after all the violence there!
Nice to see Timothy, I am not the only one refuse to ask the questions and not singing the same tune. Few weeks ago I saw the peaceful protestors in Gall face attacking the motorists. What happened was thuggery overcoming any other voices and views, wearing the cloak of peaceful protest.