NYT report controversy: Chinese Embassy statement implies money exchanged hands – Ajith Perera
The United National Party (UNP) said that the Chinese Embassy statement, on the New York Times report, about the Hambantota Port, implies that there was money exchanged between the Government of Sri Lanka and China Harbour Company close to the 2015 Presidential Election.
Deputy Minister Ajith P. Perera said that the Chinese Embassy, in its statement over the NYT report, concerning a US$ 7.6 million financial misappropriation, which had allegedly taken place during the previous regime of former President Mahinda Rajapaksa, had not rejected the fact that money had been exchanged between the Chinese Company and the Government.
He added that the Government would definitely commence a fresh investigation into the issue and bring the culprits to book.
(Source: Ceylon Today)
- Sri Lanka relaxes import restrictions on over 300 items June 10, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to go ahead with privatising SLT despite ‘NO’ from S.O.C. on National Security June 10, 2023
- Seven Police Narcotics Bureau officers arrested over death of vocational trainer in custody June 9, 2023
- Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security recommends not to privatise Sri Lanka Telecom June 9, 2023
- Sarath Fonseka resigns from Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security June 9, 2023
As Ajith Perera who is a President councilor who do not have a knowledge of our constitution why take him seriously