ONE DEAD, 19 INJURED IN ANURADHAPURA PRISON INCIDENT
January 24, 2011: Nineteen persosn have been admitted to the Anuradhapura Teaching Hospital following an incident at the Anuradhapura Prison Complex.
According to the Director of the Anuradhapura Teaching Hospital Dr. P. B. Wijekoon, an individual has also died in the incident.
Deputy Director of the Anuradhapura Teaching hospital Dr. D. L. Karunathilake speaking earlier, noted that six ambulances had been dispatched to the Anuradhapura prison.
Courtesy: News First – Pix by DN
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka Navy seizes Kerala cannabis worth over Rs. 33 million in Karainagar September 29, 2023
- Some Sri Lanka creditors seeking debt restructuring deal without China September 29, 2023
- SriLankan Airlines partners with Virgin Australia September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to launch campaigns to attract 1.5 million tourists – proposal to create non-sleeping cities September 28, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka found not guilty of sexual intercourse without consent September 28, 2023