Onlanka News receives web registration certificate with 26 others
Onlanka.com, one of the premier Sri Lankan News websites and 26 other websites received their certificates of registration with the media and information ministry today (13th Jan) at a function held at the ministry auditorium chaired by the Minister Keheliya Rambukwella.
Ministry secretary W.B.Ganegala said out of 81 applications received by the ministry 18 applicants had not turned up for the interviews, while 17 who failed to comply with requirements were rejected.
Minister Rambukwella said web registration is so important that it should have taken place earlier and went on to say that he is happy that it has happened atleast later than never.
The media has the freedom and the right to agree, disagree or totally reject any opinion but no ethical right to insult anybody or any institution, he stressed.
The minister also hoped that the websites would follow the set of ethics provided along with the certificates.
According to the minister 49 radio channels and 21 television channels are registered while the Sri Lanka Press Council has given registration to 153 newspapers.
The ministry said that it would take action to register relevant websites on receipt of their applications in future.
Following is an extract from Dinamina 14th January 2012:
Following is the Registration Certificate issued to Onlanka News:
Websites which received their certificates of registration
- www.onlanka.com – M T Udaya Arunakantha
- www.jayasiriradio.com – Sri Nimal Padma Kumara
- www.srilankasports.com – Hishan Welmilla
- www.hothotlanka.com – Dhananjaya Sooriyaarachchi
- www.lankabusinesstoday.com – Global Media Network Ltd
- www.tamilaa.com – Pakkiyanathan Jayantha
- www.srilankamirror.com – Kelum Shivantha
- www.pawuraradio.com – Priyangika Godakanda
- www.lankasitizen.com – J P V Vipulanga
- www.micsrilanka.org – Muslim Information Centre
- www.kalasem – M F A Besith
- www.puvath.lk – S kaushalya Wickramasinghe
- www.tharunayaweb.lk – Gigies (Pvt) Ltd
- www.lankanews.lk – Athula I Athulathmudali
- www.lankareporter.com – A Dammila Deeptha
- www.rangalivefm.com – Nihal Fernando
- www.lankika.net – Zarook Marikkar
- www.siddioice.info – Sujith P Fernando
- www.srilankapatriot.lk – Dr Telli C Rajaratna
- www.nation.lk – Rivira Media Corporation (Pvt) Ltd
- www.lankaelink.com – Amila Kamkanange
- www.lakfmradio.com – LakView Broadcasting Company (Pvt) Ltd
- www.vfmradio.lk – Lanka Television Networks
- www.karaitivu.org – Mendis Appu Prasath
- www.sihasara.com – Sihasara Infortainment
- www.maruthamunaionline.com – Suhail Jamaldeen
- www.news360.lk – L C Prasanna Rodrigo
To Mr.Udaya Arunakantha,
CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU AND YOUR DEVOTED STAFF. YOU HAVE DONE US IMMENSE GOOD.YOU PROVIDE US WITH ON THE SPOT LATEST NEWS AND A FRIENDLY FORUM TO EXPRESS OUR UNABATED VIEWS. THANK YOU SIR, AND MAY YOU LIVE LONG.
I join AUJ in congratulating ONLANKA website and thanking it for the opportunity given us to express our views within the accepted norms. I hope the Administrator keeps out people who use filthy language to insult other bloggers and use this forum to spread disinformation and baseless gossip against Motherlanka and the GOSL.
Thank you All for your Great Contributions !
Congratulations, On Lanka has survived the media onslaught and gained recognition under the most trying circumstances.
Thank you for providing a forum where the bloggers are able to freely dispense opinions on a range of matters.
I am sure you understand at time we loose our cool. As Administrator, you have exercised your role with patience and dexterity.
Bloggers have come and bloggers have gone. We have created relationships amongst us and learnt to understand each others’ point of view.
Noteworthy bloggers on On Lanka are:
On behalf of the On Lanka Blogging Community, I wish to thank all above for their brilliant contributions and also the On Lanka Admin Team for their untiring efforts in keeping this forum going.
Thank you for your great magnanimity in acknowledging our Congrats.
and to you NA very special thanks for appreciating our comments and commend highly your saying “We have created relationships amongst us and learnt to understand each others’ point of view” What a great benevolence! How wonderful? Thank You Both once again.