Only people’s power can defeat 20A – Lalkantha
Member of the JVP politburo and Chairman of the National Trade Unions Centre, K.D. Lalkantha said, the 20th Amendment to the Constitution cannot be defeated through a judicial process and that it can be done only through the power of the people.
Lalkantha also said, a Court verdict will point out criteria that are relevant only to Articles of the Constitution.
Lalkantha said, the JVP has only a political role and pointed out that they will remain with the people in every problem that arises and that there was no necessity to go to Court.
He also said that if it is possible to make the majority of the people to understand the damage the 20th Amendment would cause, only then could this be successfully defeated.
(Source: Ceylon Today – By Anuradha Herath)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka Parliament approves VAT (amendment) Bill December 11, 2023
- Sri Lanka reports 80,222 dengue cases with 47 deaths December 11, 2023
- Sri Lanka Parliament decides to debate VAT (amendment) Bill today December 11, 2023
- ‘Unfair, Really Surprised’: Anjum Chopra on Chamari Athapaththu going unsold at WPL Auction December 11, 2023
- Sri Lankan migrant workers remit 5.4 Billion USD in first 11 months December 10, 2023