‘Outsiders cannot name UNP Candidate’
State Minister Ranjith Aluvihare says outside parties cannot name the next Presidential candidate of the United National Party.
Speaking to media following an event in Galewela the State Minister said the party leaders will make future decisions for the UNP.
The State Minister claimed the village folk were aware that the previous administration had held power for 20 years and had not been able to achieve anything but the incumbent government had fixed what the previous regime had destroyed within a couple of months.
State Minister Aluvihare stressed the grateful public will therefore stand with United National Party which will lead to change at the Presidential Election.
The State Minister stated only persons who had joined the UNP recently had announced the party’s Presidential candidate adding the Party Chiefs including the current Leader, Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesinghe and the working committee will announce the candidate at the right time amidst the support of the party.
State Minister Aluvihare further stressed the party will not take responsibility for statements made by those who had joined the UNP from other parties.
(Source: News Radio)
- Sri Lanka to initiate new online passport application system May 30, 2023
- India extends USD 1 Billion Credit Line for Sri Lanka until March 2024 May 30, 2023
- Cabinet approves resume of the Colombo Light Rail Transit project May 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to implement strict law enforcement against religious disharmony May 30, 2023
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023
- ADB approves $350 Million for Sri Lanka economic stabilization programme May 29, 2023
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023
When insiders are not doing outsiders will do. LOL
UNP UNP and again UNP
One who indulges or wallows in an unrestrained way in allegiance to one’s own ethnic group rather than to the wider society, corruption,nepotism,political or religious fanaticism and extreme patriotism should not be deemed a trustworthy presidential candidate.
The candidate should be young , energetic and trustworthy.
It is an open secret that every politician will only increase his or her assets and ensure his or her family members make money by corrupt practices which is supposedly secret but in fact this is generally known whereby the country falls into disrepair and decrepitude.