Over 300 kgs of heroin worth Rs. 3 billion seized
Two vessels with around 330 kg of heroin believed to have a street value of over Rs. 3 billion have been seized off the southern coast of Sri Lanka today (January 24).
Six suspects have been arrested along with heroin.
The vessel was taken into custody during a joint operation conducted by the State Intelligence and the Sri Lanka Navy.
The raid was carried out on a tip off received by the Police Narcotics Bureau.
The arrested suspects and the vessel are scheduled to be brought ashore tomorrow morning.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka pays off $200 million loan from Bangladesh with $4.5 million interest September 24, 2023
- Bar Association of Sri Lanka demands withdrawal of Anti-Terrorism and Online Safety Bills September 24, 2023
- Malaysian Police tracking down two Sri Lankan triple murder suspects September 23, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Agriculture Minister explores opportunities to export eggs and chicken September 23, 2023
- Stability should not come at the sacrifice of values of freedom of expression: U.S. Ambassador September 23, 2023