Over 7.1 billion assets and cash belonging to terrorists identified
The Criminal Investigation Department (CID) has identified more than Rs.140 million cash and other assets worth over Rs.7 billion belonging to the terrorists involved in the Easter Sunday attacks, Police Spokesman SP Ruwan Gunasekera said.
Part of the total amount of this cash has been seized by the CID and the rest of the amount is currently in multiple savings accounts owned by the terrorists.
The CID has already suspended these bank accounts, the police spokesperson said.
“73 suspects are still being questioned by the CID and the Terrorist Investigation Department (TID). There are 54 suspects including seven women under CID custody while 19 others including two women are under TID custody,” he said.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Creditor nations likely to agree on Sri Lanka debt restructuring – report November 29, 2023
- Netherlands returns six looted colonial-era artefacts to Sri Lanka November 29, 2023
- Sri Lanka needs $100 billion to become net zero emitter by 2040, president says November 29, 2023
- 40 Government hospitals in Sri Lanka closed and another 100 about to close November 28, 2023
- October sees 20% decline in apparel exports from Sri Lanka November 28, 2023