Overseas travel ban on several including Mahinda Rajapaksa lifted
Posted in Local News
The overseas travel ban on Former President Mahinda Rajapaksa, MP Rohitha Abeygunawardena, Minister Pavithra Wanniarachchi, and former Provincial Council (PC) member Kanchana Jayaratne was completely lifted by the Colombo Fort Magistrate’s Court on Wednesday (May 17).
A travel ban was imposed on them with regard to the 09th May, 2022 clashes involving the Aragalaya.
The court case filed with regard to the 09th May 2022 clashes was called up in the presence of Fort Magistrate Thilina Gamage, and several Sri Lanka Podujana Peramuna (SLPP) MPs were also present in court.
- Sri Lanka to initiate new online passport application system May 30, 2023
- India extends USD 1 Billion Credit Line for Sri Lanka until March 2024 May 30, 2023
- Cabinet approves resume of the Colombo Light Rail Transit project May 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to implement strict law enforcement against religious disharmony May 30, 2023
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023
- ADB approves $350 Million for Sri Lanka economic stabilization programme May 29, 2023
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023