Passports to be issued on September 19 for those with prior appointments
Sri Lanka’s Immigration and Emigration Department said although September 19 (Monday) has been declared as a government holiday, passports will be issued only to those who have made appointments.
The announcement came as the Sri Lankan Government announced a special public holiday for the 19th of September, over the passing of Queen Elizabeth II.
The press notice from the department said that services will not be provided to anyone with no prior appointment on that day, under any circumstances.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Despite signs of stabilization, full economic recovery not yet assured – IMF Mission September 27, 2023
- Sri Lankan President leaves for Germany September 27, 2023
- Trains delayed on coastal line due to derailment near Kollupitiya September 27, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s revenue shortfall concerns IMF team – sources September 27, 2023
- Airman killed, another injured in explosion at Kandakuliya Air Force Training Camp September 26, 2023