Patali Champika to contest LG polls together with Kumara Welgama
The 43rd Brigade led by Parliamentarian Patali Champika Ranawaka, and the Nawa Lanka Freedom Party led by Parliamentarian Kumara Welgama entered into an agreement to contest together in the upcoming Local Government Election.
The agreement was signed between two political groups today (January 16).
Mr. Ranawaka said he was expecting to convert the 43rd Brigade as a political party after the Local Government election is over.
“We did not form this 43rd Brigade as a political party or targeting elections. We decided to convert it to a political party after the country became bankrupt last year. But, the time didn’t permit that. We hope to convert the 43rd Brigade as a political party after the Local Government election and align with like-minded people in the future,” he said.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Permission not given to Chinese ship to dock, India’s concerns important: Sabry September 26, 2023
- Sri Lanka squad named for ICC Cricket World Cup 2023 September 26, 2023
- S&P raises Sri Lanka local currency ratings to ‘CCC+/C’, says outlook stable September 26, 2023
- Sri Lanka President expresses dissatisfaction with country’s current education system September 26, 2023
- Chinese model breaks U.S. hegemony: former Sri Lankan diplomat September 26, 2023