Patali Champika to contest LG polls together with Kumara Welgama
The 43rd Brigade led by Parliamentarian Patali Champika Ranawaka, and the Nawa Lanka Freedom Party led by Parliamentarian Kumara Welgama entered into an agreement to contest together in the upcoming Local Government Election.
The agreement was signed between two political groups today (January 16).
Mr. Ranawaka said he was expecting to convert the 43rd Brigade as a political party after the Local Government election is over.
“We did not form this 43rd Brigade as a political party or targeting elections. We decided to convert it to a political party after the country became bankrupt last year. But, the time didn’t permit that. We hope to convert the 43rd Brigade as a political party after the Local Government election and align with like-minded people in the future,” he said.
- Corporal’s bravery in Ududumbara commended by the Sri Lanka Army Commander June 3, 2023
- Price of Litro gas to be reduced by Rs. 350? June 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023