People in Western Province prohibited from traveling outside the province
The government has taken steps to prohibit people in the Western Province from traveling to other provinces with immediate effect.
Army Commander Lieutenant General Shavendra Silva stated that the restriction will be effective until 12.00 midnight on the 15th November.
Meanwhile, the President has instructed officials not to allow anyone to leave or enter isolated areas.
The President also said that steps should be taken to prevent the movement of COVID-19 infected people from the Western Province to other parts of the country.
The President has stated this at a meeting of the Presidential Task Force on COVID-19 which meets daily at the Presidential Secretariat today (11).
- Sri Lanka records lowest tourism monthly income of US$ 132 Million in May June 5, 2023
- JVP asks public not to be distracted by circuses June 5, 2023
- Litro LP Gas prices in Sri Lanka reduced from today (June 04) June 4, 2023
- Odisha train collision: Sri Lanka President expresses deep sorrow, assures support June 4, 2023
- Corporal’s bravery in Ududumbara commended by the Sri Lanka Army Commander June 3, 2023
- Price of Litro gas to be reduced by Rs. 350? June 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023