People in Western Province prohibited from traveling outside the province
The government has taken steps to prohibit people in the Western Province from traveling to other provinces with immediate effect.
Army Commander Lieutenant General Shavendra Silva stated that the restriction will be effective until 12.00 midnight on the 15th November.
Meanwhile, the President has instructed officials not to allow anyone to leave or enter isolated areas.
The President also said that steps should be taken to prevent the movement of COVID-19 infected people from the Western Province to other parts of the country.
The President has stated this at a meeting of the Presidential Task Force on COVID-19 which meets daily at the Presidential Secretariat today (11).
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Moon landing today: US clinches first touchdown in 50 years February 23, 2024
- Johnston Fernando requests immediate probe into Sanath Nishantha’s death February 22, 2024
- CEB Spokesman Noel Priyantha resigns over controversial remarks February 22, 2024
- Sri Lanka settles US$ 20 million Iranian oil debt with tea February 22, 2024
- Sri Lanka’s Public Security Minister affirms continuation of operations despite pressure February 21, 2024