Pharmacies open for pensioners on 2, 3 & 6th of April
Police spokesperson stated that Pharmacies across the island will be kept open on the 02nd, 03rd and 06th April for pensioners to purchase their medicines.
The government previously stated that pensions will be paid on the 2nd and 3rd April and those who fail to collect it on these two days will be able to collect the same on the 6th.
In addition, the police media spokesman DIG Ajith Rohana stated that permission have been given to all pharmacies to keep their business open on these dates for the pensioners to buy their medicines.
DIG Ajith Rohana said that the pensioners could use their pension ID to visit pharmacies during curfew.
He said that he has instructed all police stations to grant pensioners to use the pension ID as a curfew pass.
- Seven Police Narcotics Bureau officers arrested over death of vocational trainer in custody June 9, 2023
- Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security recommends not to privatise Sri Lanka Telecom June 9, 2023
- Sarath Fonseka resigns from Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security June 9, 2023
- Sri Lanka must protect the right to freedom of expression June 9, 2023
- Five-year-old child found dead with cut injuries from a construction site in Mulleriyawa June 9, 2023
Does it mean that an ordinary citizen is not entitled to visit the pharmacies during the curfew hours ?
all pharmacies and all supermarkets should be open to make our economy grow then there will not be a recording that Telephone circuits are full to call later. also the kottawa post office Number 0112 850342 which is supposed to give 24 hour service to the elders is ringing all the time but no one answering. this is how we the public are hoodwinked by the higher ups in the present government