Philippines bans entry of travellers from Sri Lanka
Philippines has banned the entry of travellers from Sri Lanka.
The Manila Times reported travellers from Bangladesh, Pakistan and Nepal have also been barred from entering the country.
The Philippines government said the decision was reached to prevent the COVID-19 variant detected in India, from entering the country.
The ban which comes into effect at midnight will remain in place till the 14th of May.
(Source: News Radio)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Person arrested over shooting of elephant “Sita” granted bail September 30, 2023
- International Commission of Jurists says Online Safety Bill is an assault on freedoms September 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s acting finance minister says positive progress in securing second IMF tranche September 29, 2023
- Sri Lanka Navy seizes Kerala cannabis worth over Rs. 33 million in Karainagar September 29, 2023
- Some Sri Lanka creditors seeking debt restructuring deal without China September 29, 2023