Places of worship to re-open from June 12
Places of worship are allowed to open for the devotees from June 12, the Government Information Department said.
It said only 50 devotees are allowed in a place of worship.
The directives to re-open places of worship have been issued based on COVID-19 guidelines issued by the Director General of Health Services Dr. Anil Jasinghe.
Smaller religious sites should only allow 50% of its capacity.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka to launch campaigns to attract 1.5 million tourists – proposal to create non-sleeping cities September 28, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka found not guilty of sexual intercourse without consent September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Ministry of Defence announces updates to licensing conditions for private security agencies September 27, 2023
- Despite signs of stabilization, full economic recovery not yet assured – IMF Mission September 27, 2023
- Sri Lankan President leaves for Germany September 27, 2023